Sunday, December 11, 2011

Turkey Lettuce Wraps

If you know me, you know my obsession with The Biggest Loser and Jillian Michaels.  I don't know what it is...but I can watch one episode and immediately feel the need to go run to the gym and drink water from a Brita.  So needless to say, when I'm hungry and watching the show, I always want something they make that looks healthy.  I also went to a baby shower this weekend and ate WAY to many white chocolate covered Oreo's (they were amazing).  So I took a vow of no carbs today.

Lettuce Wraps seemed like the perfect answer.  These little healthy wraps are perfect for a weekday night as well cause they only take about 20 minutes to make and are an instant hit (especially after the gym when you need a little protein kick).

I got this recipe from Delish.com ! Serves about 4.  I modified their version a little bit by adding more veggies.

INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb. ground chicken breast (you can make this with turkey or tofu as well - equally as yummy)
2 tablespoons all natural or low-fat peanut butter
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons low sodium teriyaki sauce
1 small can drained chopped water chestnuts
1/2 chopped onion
1 green pepper (or red)
4 chopped celery stalks
4-6 leaves romaine lettuce
 
PREPARATION
1. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add ground chicken and brown; stir occasionally to separate the meat.
2. Add peanut butter, soy sauce; and teriyaki sauce to the chicken until well mixed.
3. Add water chestnuts, onion; and cashews.
I felt that a bloody would go very well with this meal.
4. After chicken is completely brown, let simmer for about five minutes; stirring every couple of minutes. Uncover and cook until a thick consistency.
Ben was waiting for a taste too!  Sorry bud. Ok, I almost gave him some but feel like I heard that turkey isn't good for dogs.
xo,
zo

2 comments:

  1. this looks like a great recipe! thanks for sharing...i love lettuce wraps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are awesome i promise! I've made them with Turkey, Chicken and even tofu!

    ReplyDelete